What is meant by content management systems?
CMS is abbreviated as a content management system. It is the application that is used to manage web content and edit the content and allow multiple contributors to create and publish a blog. There are some basics in the content management system. They are
- Content creating
- Content Storage
- Workflow management
Content creation allows the user to easily create the content and format the content. Content Storage helps to stores the content in one place in the content management system in a consistent fashion. Workflow management is based on roles, such as editors, authors, and admins. Publishing the blog which is pushing the content on life.
Benefits of a content management system
- The main advantage of the content management system is the collaborative nature. Multiple persons were able to log in and contribute, edit the blog content to be published.
- The content management system allows non0technical people who don’t know Program coding to easily create and manage their own content page. You can able to update the image that you want to add in the particular place.
- The content management system is to publish its pages that make the content quicker and easier to publish new content.
- Most of the content management system is open source and is available for free.
- It is easy to add media files
- Several search engine optimization tools make on-site SEO simpler
- It is easy to customize.
Example of a content management system
There are many sources of the content management system, some of them are more popular. These are some of the content management systems. We can use this CMS and create a new design for our website.s
The content management system is in two areas
The two areas of the content management system are
- Enterprise content management (ECM)
- Web Content Management (WCM)
Components of the content management system
There are two types of content management system they are
Content management application (CMA) – It is a graphical user interface, it allows it, users, to delete, modify, create the content and publish the content even without the knowledge of HTML or any other programming language to create web pages.
Content delivery application (CDA) – it is responsible for back end activities. That is used to manage delivers content after framed in the content management application.
Features of the content management system
There are different types of features they are
User management – This will manage the user information like creating the content or deleting the content or need to change the user name and password and other related info.
Theme system – There are hundreds and hundreds of themes were present in all the content management systems. That helps to create the design that you want. That will modify your website, images, and templates. By using these template you can bring your website a more attractive manner.
Extending plugins – There are different types of plugins are there. For example, if you need a contact form for your website you don’t want to use programming languages you can go directly to the plugin area and install the contact form plugin. That will help to add the contact form in your website.
Search engine optimization – It is embedded with a lot of SEO tools making content search engine optimization more straight forward.
Media management – It is used to manage the files in your folder and you can able to upload your media content easily and effortlessly.